Monday, October 19, 2009

staycation memories

Noah and I greatly enjoyed the first day of our "staycation" this fall break.

We carved more pumpkins and shared some laughs.
We ate breakfast and lunch at the same time.
He beat me by about 300 points in Yahtzee! That kid needs to roll dice in Vegas...

We spent the afternoon snuggling in the bed, playing "I Spy" and sharing many more laughs.
He then helped me cook a yummy dinner of grilled pork chops, corn on the cob and hot potato salad. I didn't know if we'd have any boiled eggs left for the salad, as he kept sneaking them. He even ate the yellow, which surprised me. His answer was, "I like them now, I've gone through puberty." He cracks me up!

Of course, no meal is complete without brownies. He was thrilled that I let him have the entire spoon and bowl to lick at the end.

All in all it was a wonderful day of nothing much and everything special. Can't wait for day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment