Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Flathead

Noah let me straighten his hair this past weekend.

He often comes in the bathroom while I am putting on makeup, fixing my hair, etc. and we chat. Sometimes he'll pick up a pair of tweezers, blush brush, etc. and question me with a scrunched up face, wanting to know what it is and why I need it. Noah knows how curly my hair is out of the shower so he's always been amazed at how the flat iron can transform my look. (when I don't straighten my hair, he calls me Princess Lea - from Star Wars!)

Anyway, last Saturday he was watching me as I straightened my hair and I asked if I could try it on his curls. He was reluctant at first - and even during the process - afraid I was going to set his hair on fire or burn his forehead. I wasn't sure if it would even work, the top of his head is so wiry and curly, but it did. ...see photo below
Tim and I were both surprised with how much it changed his looks. He looked so much older, like a teenager. Of course, when we told him that he puffed up his chest proudly and his attitude changed the remainder of the day! I think he enjoyed the change though because he asked me to do it again this morning. ...He's still hesitant, every sizzle making him take a step back and a view in the mirror to see if any flames or smoke appear!

No comments:

Post a Comment