Tuesday, August 11, 2009

tubing down the river

This is the first year we've had a boat and all of us have really enjoyed it this summer.

Of course, I always get most of my enjoyment out of watching Noah experience new things. I will always remember the look on his face the first time we "set sail" and boated down the river. And the first time his dad let him take a turn driving. He felt like king of the water, I'm sure. I also fondly remember his great big smile the first time he jumped in the river off the boat. We've enjoyed many "firsts" on the boat this season and I'm thankful for every memory.

One of my favorites was watching him tube for the first time. I hesitated in purchasing it, even though it was on summer clearance, because I wondered if he'd be too scared to use it. However, from the moment we took off with him soaring on the waves behind, he was hooked! He loved every minute of it, smiling from ear to ear. If Tim went too fast, his face was quick to reveal that but overall he became a quick fan of tubing. With the weather and being so late in the season, we haven't been able to tube as much as we'd hoped but it was well worth the purchase. Next year I'm sure he'll be bigger and eager to ride even faster and larger waves. And I'll be right there at the back of the boat, cheering him on.




No comments:

Post a Comment